- 6 Best Brightest Flashlight 2020 Reviews
- 1 Solaray Pro ZX-1 Pro Tactical Led Flashlight Kit – Best for Your Limited Budget
- 2 Rayovac RWP123A-B The BEAST – The Best Flexible Brightest Flashlight
- 3 Klarus G20 CREE Next Gen – The Brightest Flashlight for Cold Weather
- 4 ThruNite TN36 UT 7300 Lumen Mini – The Brightest Flood Type Flashlight
- 5 Fenix RC40 2016 Rechargeable LED Flashlight 6000 Lumens – Your 5-Star Brightest Flashlight
- 6 Streamlight 88060 ProTac 2200 Lumens – The Strongest and Brightest flashlight
- How Can You Know this Flashlight is The Brightest?
If you want to work at night in daylight condition, find your own brightest flashlight now!
When it comes to a flashlight, of course, you want the brightest. Right?
But the best brightest flashlight is not only the brightest but also the most desirable quality regarding battery type, materials, light source, and duration.
6 Best Brightest Flashlight 2020 Reviews
The brightest flashlight offers you full range and consistency source of light to work in the dark without disruption.
Thanks to the innovation in technology and electric power industry, flashlights today can do a whole lot more than we might expect.
However, choosing the right flashlight may be a bit overwhelming whether you are good at household tools or not due to the products variety and the lack of information.
That’s why we shortlisted the 6 best brightest flashlights for you to consider.
1 Solaray Pro ZX-1 Pro Tactical Led Flashlight Kit – Best for Your Limited Budget
Solaray Pro ZX-1 is a superpower LED tactical flashlight which can meet all your needs since the design belongs to an American seller.
He knew all his customers’ insight regardless security, walking, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, spotlight, working or home use.
The Solaray Pro ZX-1 flashlight using Ultra Bright X-L T6 Cree LED chip made of silicon carbide to optimize the light at any time.
As mentioned in the name, this flashlight using Solaray Propriety Technology performs on lithium-ion batteries which integrate the superior energy efficiency and a high-output device that give this flashlight the extremely brightness.
Since it is a low-budget flashlight, there may be some arising problems with the design and painting of this product
It designs with excellent self-defense cover including available disrupter mode.
Flexible lenses not only provide you with bright light coverage but also allow you to pinpoint a particular subject.
The lithium-ion batteries source can be charged using the Cordless Lithium-Ion Rapid Battery Charger.
- Extra bright light with low price
- Safe batteries and charger, which integrates the PCB (protected circuit board) in the charger
- Good customers service from the distributor/brand
- Smooth zoom function
- Perfect flood beam, which is either overspill or hot spot
- The keychain may not work well
- Zoom function may be limited
- The coating may not thoroughly paint
- The index of 1200 lumens can be a little bit disappointing
2 Rayovac RWP123A-B The BEAST – The Best Flexible Brightest Flashlight
If you are searching for a flexible flashlight, the Rayovac RWP123A-B may suit you best.
Due to dual-LED technology, this flashlight offers you five light modes which the brightest up to 2000 lumens and the lowest light of 530 lumens.
The spotlight function is improved thanks to the frosted lens.
Made of Aircraft-grade aluminum, the hard protective housing is particularly durable, that allows you to take this flashlight to anywhere.
This flashlight provides you with more of a flood light than a centered one so that you need to consider the usage condition before purchasing.
The Rayovac RWP123A-B flashlight offers the maximum powers that may equivalent to a car headlight or light that travels over a ¼ mile due to the lithium batteries.
- Provide headlight-like illumination with wide angle light
- The beam is flood/spot combo with long range and many peripheral spills
- The light coverage is ideal for both distant and close quarters
- 4 CR123A batteries hold up well
- No rechargeable batteries
- The on-off button may turn on and turn off by itself
3 Klarus G20 CREE Next Gen – The Brightest Flashlight for Cold Weather
The output is up to 3000 lumens.
Both One-Touch Turbo and the One-Touch Low mode are accessible by using the side and tail Switch.
You can access the One-Touch Turbo by Side and Tail Switch and access the One-Touch Low mode by Tail Switch.
With the max runtime up to 150 hours, this flashlight will not let you down.
More appropriate in cold weather: good battery life in cold condition, the turbo mode can be lasted at least 30 min before thermal kicks in and go to high setting.
The power button on the side may be disappointed as it is too easily activates and automatically turned on sometime.
This flashlight can be recharged incredibly fast thanks to the Integrated Micro-USB charging port with up to 2000 mA charging current (when used with KLARUS 2A adapter cord).
The ITS temperature control system ensures safe performing and prevents the LED circuit and internal circuit from overheating condition.
The Intelligent Battery Capacity shows you the remaining power levels. Design in slim shape, this flashlight is quite easy to hold or carry away.
- An indestructible and convenient flashlight
- The battery life is excellent on cold days
- The turbo mode is ridiculously bright
- Handy lock feature
- USB charging capability and built-in battery level indicators
- There may be some problem in pressing the unlock button
- Unlock button may be too easily activates and suddenly turned on in pocket or pack
4 ThruNite TN36 UT 7300 Lumen Mini – The Brightest Flood Type Flashlight
This lumen brightest flashlight integrates three advanced XM-L2 U2 LEDs with a lifespan of more than 20 years.
This torch’s LED technology is indeed an outstanding innovation since its lumens could reach up to 7300.
ThruNite MINI TN30 offers multiple light modes, which are the firefly, low, medium, high, turbo and strobe level.
The maximum output using the four 18650 batteries could be up to 3200 lumens.
As the “mini” word is in the title, some buyers may think its light is smaller compared to other flashlights of this class. However, this torch’s size is the same as the ThruNite TN36.
The ThruNite torch may be the most applicable flashlight since it is adaptable in many cases such as EDC (Everyday Carry), security, emergency, medical services, camping, duty light, and self-defense.
The compact body size is likely to a 330ml Coca-Cola that easy to carry.
ThruNite MINI TN30 prevents the housing hold from overheating thanks to the ITC (Intelligent Temperature Control) technology and advanced electronic metal switch.
- The best value for price, brightness, heat, and runtime compared to others in this size class of flashlight
- The best and brightest of flood light type which can light up your entire vision field
- Broad range light, which may be about 50 yards in length or so
- The light may not provide with pure flood light
- The led bulbs resemble like the TN36, but the light quality is totally worse
- Not for those who are looking for a solid beam or a throw flashlight
5 Fenix RC40 2016 Rechargeable LED Flashlight 6000 Lumens – Your 5-Star Brightest Flashlight
With an ultra-long maximum beam of 2395 feet (730 meters) in length, this Fenix RC40 2016 Edt- 6000 Lumens is the most appropriate for your outdoors adventures.
This flashlight offers you five output modes, Strobe, and SOS, which is easy to control by the dual side switch.
The RAPID SCAN BEAM of this flashlight, which is 90-degre, is perfect for maximum close-range coverage and ensures to meet your vision field.
Compared to other flashlights, the price of Fenix RC40 2016 Rechargeable LED Flashlight is quite high. The weight is also quite heavy and not suitable to carry away.
The tailored rechargeable Li-ion battery pack, as well as the charging and discharging port, included a protective circuit optimizes charging function of the battery source.
This RC40 2016 flashlight is more adaptable in individual cases such as searching, rescuing, farming, and hunting.
- Easy to light up a 20+ acre field just by press on the button
- Strong beam and wide range of light
- Can recharge light without disassembling the light
- The batteries charge saves time in the long run
- The fixed beam can work well with five levels of adjustment
- A little bit big in size
- High price
- Quite inconvenient since the weight is 2.69 pounds (1234 grams) including the battery
6 Streamlight 88060 ProTac 2200 Lumens – The Strongest and Brightest flashlight
The Streamlight 88060 ProTac High Lumen using IPX7 rated design, which integrates solid grip rubber sleeve.
This Streamlight is brilliant due to the C4 LED technology. Especially, the waterproof housing hold allows this flashlight’s duration last long in 1-meter water condition for 30 minutes.
You can easily choose one of three different programs using the TEN-TAP programmable switch.
The High Lumen 4 Streamlight is much bigger than the High Lumen 3 Streamlight, which makes it is harder to fit in most pockets.
This flashlight can run on both 8650 Li-Ion batteries and 3-volt lithium CR123A (supplied) batteries.
With this Streamlight 88060 ProTac High Lumen 4 Lithium Power Flashlight, you can quickly light up a large area for a fair distance.
As the cost is a middle range, you can easy to afford a Streamlight 88060 ProTac High Lumen.
- Bright flashlight with the strongest light at 2200 lumens
- Diffused down range light, which can lights up a large area at a far distance
- Provides the most even light pattern
- There may be a fair spill to the light
- The frosted lens may be a little bit disappointed
- Not appropriate for those who are searching for a center spot flashlights
How Can You Know this Flashlight is The Brightest?
The Flashlight Testing Standards
Most of the flashlights are rated using the ANSI FL1 flashlight testing standards.
There are three different ways to measure the light source under this measurement, which are Light Output (Lumen), Beam Distance (Meter) and Peak Beam (Candela). Each method has its unique characteristic.
The Light Output measurement, also known as the lumen method calculations, is based on fundamental lighting analysis.
Beam distance is the range from the flashlight where the amount of luminous flux per unit area is equivalent to a full moon on a clear night.
In the Beam Distance method, we measure the brightness of the full moon on a clear night in meters which known as the distance a beam will travel before it reaches 0.25 lux.
Peak Beam Intensity is candela measurement, the measurement of energy, which can indicate the brightest point of the beam by measuring the luminous intensity in the center of the flashlight beam.
The overall Light Output method of Lumens uses in determining the brightest flashlight.
Depending on the angle and size of the reflector that utilizes in each torch, the light using the Beam Distance or the Peak Beam Intensity may vastly change.
Since the lumens is a straightforward level of the overall light output, the flashlight has the most Lumens will not inevitably be the flashlight that will illuminate the greatest distance but the widest range.
Last but not least, the FL1 standards evaluate the light beams output amount from the front of the flashlight, not the theoretical max that comes out of the LED emitter.
Performance of The Flashlight
If you want the brightest flashlight, performance is a definite factor you need to take into consideration.
As has been mentioned above, the light output of flashlight is measured with the term lumen.
However, the lumen is not the only one measurement. If you focus only on the lumen when buying a flashlight, you are limiting yourself.
There is other factors crucial factor that made a good flashlight such as the range, the distance, and the spectrum of the light.
Type of Lights
Flashlights, in general, use some different kinds of lights.
However, the most common flashlights at present are LED emitters since incandescent lights, which use a metal filament to heat up and produces light are not as bright and durable as the super bright LED emitters flashlights.
Moreover, none of above six flashlights are HID (High Intensity Discharge) as the price of this type of flashlight is quite high, which is usually at least $300.
The technology of HID lights is far different from LED lights: their bulbs have gas trapped in a quartz capsule, which lights up whenever electricity passes through it.
A quality EDC (Every Day Carry) or Compact flashlight has many useful features such as manageable size, a long-lasting LED bulb, a robust housing, ability to recharge, multiple modes, water and shock resistance, momentary beam and beam adjustment.
It is quite small in size and price. However, the compact and convenient design may restrict its light range, brightness, and battery duration.
Just because it is the best brightest flashlight ever does not mean that it is the flashlight that suits you most.
To satisfy yourself and meet all your needs, you must know what you need and usage situation before buying any products.
When taking a flashlight into consideration, the first thing you need to define is in which condition you are going use this light.
From there, you should consider the brightness, types of batteries and charger, safety, durability, design, and price.
Remember to think twice before purchasing any flashlight.