Rifle optics are not magic, but they will be if you know how to choose.
You've got a rifle recently? Okay, that's quite awesome. You may be excited right now, but what’s next?
Find out the most appropriate ACOG (Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight) clone for your rifle!
Although you are good at the technical device, choosing the right sight for your rifle is never an easy task. Why?
It may be due to the lack of information. But even you got enough information by reading and asking around a lot; another problem raised: you don't know which one to chose as the variety of products and opinions.
Top 5 Best ACOG Clone
When it comes to a rifle and its spare parts, you want not only the best but also the one that suits you most. But how can you find it out if you have never used it before?
Now, to make it simple, let me introduce to you the best ACOG clone for your consideration. By reviewing and learning from other’s experience, you will know what you want.
Last Updated: 2017-07-22 at 20:33 PST - Details
1. Trijicon TA31-ECOS ACOG 4x32 - Best Choice for Limited Budget
If you have used any products come from Trijicon before, you know the quality is certain to be granted.
This outstanding design based on the view when both eyes open with extended for rapid target acquisition allows you to shoot easily.
Trijicon TA31-ECOS ACOG 4x32 Flat Dark Earth Scope allows you to shoots with two eyes open with a nearly indestructible sighting system.
Trijicon TA31-ECOS ACOG provides you with the supreme sight with absolute clarity and distortion-free.
It allows you to get close-up shots fast and take long distances shoot with high accuracy, which is an excellent choice for both longer distance shooting and Close Quarter Battle (CQB) cases.
Base on the available light condition, the tritium/fiber optic illuminated reticle automatically adjust the brightness just at right.
Apart from the basic attributes, the reticle ranging is improved for 5.56 (.223 cal) flat-top rifles to 1000 meters, and Flat Top Adapter included.
This ranging reticle is perfect for medium and distant vision. One thing you should not miss about this ACOG is the multi-coasted lenses feature, which offers you to a bright and clean vision without distortion.
Using this scope, the RMR sight may be a little bit high. The tritium and the fiber optic illumination are quite adequate at night and bright day light.
However, they don’t perform well in high noon and no clouds weather condition.
If your budget is limited, this Trijicon ACOG may suit you best.
- Top optic regardless the clarity
- The BAC system allows you to take shots while both eyes open
- Dual illuminated reticle through the use of tritium and fiber optic.
- The iron backup - the rain sight - can be easily switched from the right side to the left side of the magnifier tube and vice versa.
- The rifle may off balance when you bring it up, and you have to use the right eyes as the targeted eye.
- BATTERY-FREE ILLUMINATION: Features a tritium / fiber optic...
- "RUGGED ALUMINUM-ALLOY HOUSING: Forged 7075-T6...
- provides for a nearly indestructible sighting system"
- BULLET DROP COMPENSATING & RANGING RETICLE: The ranging...
Last Updated: 2017-07-20 at 08:13 PST - Details
2. Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire 3x Prism Scope - Consistent Point-of-aim Prism Scope
Since Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire 3x Prism is designed for a standard assault rifle (AR platform), it integrates a set of high quality and ultra-compact features such as compact optical system, Prism Scopes, and EBR-556B reticle.
Ensuring the consistency of every point-of-aim, the EBR-556B reticle is directly attached to the prism.
Moreover, this reticle provides selectable red/green illumination of five intensity levels to match specific shooting cases. If you want a scope offers you the close and medium range shooting quickly, this is an ideal one since the field of view is 31.5 feet/100 yards.
Last but not less, the prism-based design provides the optics a more compact optical system and still retain visual quality.
The eyes relief is quite short, which make this optic’s performance in AR platform isn’t good enough.
- Super clean and definite vision
- Lightweight but consistency and durability
- Unconditional lifetime warranty
- Accuracy & Clarity
- The lens cover is solid the etching on the inside glass is impressive without the illumination at 300 yds.
- The prism is not for everyone, and red/green distorts prism
- Eye alignment needed like a scope
- Short eyes relief
- Vortex Spitfire with 3x magnification (SPR-1303) is designed...
- Prism-based design allows for a more compact optical system...
- The EBR-556B reticle (Enhanced Battle Reticle) is designed...
- Reticle etched directly on the prism to assure consistent...
Last Updated: 2017-07-22 at 13:44 PST - Details
3. Acog 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Horseshoe Dot .223 Ballistic Reticle - The Lightest ACOG
This is another scope from Trijicon. Like I said, you don’t have to think much about the quality of Trijicon products. However, let check this ACOG out to know if it is right for you.
Acog 4 X 32 Scope Dual Illuminated Horseshoe included Flattop Adapter. Thanks to the daylight illumination and tritium illuminate reticle for night shots provided by fiber optics that allows you to hunt at night.
Moreover, this prism is hard to be abrasive even in severe conditions due to the Nickel Boron plating. The firmly established and durable forming gives you clear visions whether at close or distant distance. The reticle ranging is designed for 5.56(.223 cal) flattop rifles out to 800 meters.
You may discover that the crosshairs is askew to the left about 5 degrees.
Despite it, this scope still enables you to take close shoot without any magnification with both eyes open.
- High-quality and bright optics
- Provides sharp and crisp vision
- Perfect 4x magnification
- Weigh less than a pound
- Quite short eyes relief
- To get a clear focus, you may have to put the nose closely to the charging
- BATTERY-FREE ILLUMINATION: Features a tritium/fiber optic...
- RUGGED ALUMINUM-ALLOY HOUSING: Forged 7075-T6...
- "BOTH EYES OPEN" DESIGN: The ACOG can be used as a CQB sight...
- COMBAT PROVEN: No other magnifed optic has been used more in...
Last Updated: 2017-07-22 at 10:03 PST - Details
4. Acog 3.5 X 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle – Most Clarity ACOG
The Acog 3.5 X 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle has many typical features of a Trijicon ACOG.
However, this scope was designed for a military purpose at first, which makes this dedicated structure, is good at quality and performance.
Provided with the reticle calibrated for 7.62 (.308 cal) flat-top rifles to 1200 meters, this scope is fairly pertinent for distinct shoots.
This Acog 3.5 X 35 Scope Dual Illuminated Crosshair contains many most necessary features such as compact, lightweight, small, consistent target point and solid.
A wide range of reticle and magnification configurations makes the scope available for a variety of firearm applications as well as conditions of the field.
With 3.5x magnification, this scope may not the best one for close quarters combat.
Although you are in fast-moving or speed-oriented case, these scopes still allow you to shoot accurately.
- Provide exceptional clarity and reticles
- Clear vision in low light
- Best quality optics for rifle
- Excellent in weight and portability
- Allow fast target acquisition with both eyes open
- Fiber may be blinding on a sunny day
- ACOG 3.5x35 scope with Red Crosshair Reticle The ranging...
- Includes 1 Flattop Adapter for Military style Rail (TA51)...
- With TA51 Mount
Last Updated: 2017-07-22 at 18:03 PST - Details
5. Trijicon TA02 ACOG Battery Illuminated LED Scope - 5-Star Scope for Your Rifle
Using the Trijicon TA02 ACOG Battery Illuminated LED Scope, you can adjust the brightness quickly due to the adjustable lighting dial.
Moreover, the LED illumination source and 8 inches exit pupil is also included. These 32mm objective size scopes enable you to magnify the targeted object four times.
TA02 ACOG Battery Illuminated LED Scope integrates high performance and excellent quality concerning optics and clarity.
With the short eye relief design, this scope may not appropriate to 7.62mm caliber rifles.
Trijicon TA02 ACOG Battery Illuminated LED Scope can last long using just a single AA battery. The red reticle of this riflescope is high adaptable in both day and night vision.
- Famous for optics and clarity
- Light weigh
- Reticle brightness adjustable without concerning about battery life
- Most suitable for the AR15/M16/M4 platform
- The overall reliability may be lower due to the electrical components in the sight raises the risks caused by the voltage damage of switches and circuits
- Powered by (1) AA-cell battery
- Adjustable brightness dial for quick lighting adjustments
- Night vision device compatible
- Rugged and durable construction
Last Updated: 2017-07-22 at 20:33 PST - Details
The ACOG Clone Buying Guide
Your decision when buying thing is usually affected by some criteria. So, what are the key features of the best ACOG?
After learning a lot about design, key features, advantages and disadvantages of each product, you may feel a little bit confused due to information distraction.
However, don’t be so disappointed because I am going to show you a clear set of requirements, which make up a quality assurance ACOG.
When you are finding the most suitable ACOG for your rifle, quality is a certain important feature. However, quality does not come cheap; you can only choose the best of your budget due to the quite high price regard the specialty of this product.
Due to the peculiarity of the product, most scopes have a relatively high price tag.
In this case, you have to compare your personal quality to every feature of the products, then compromise and reconsider the price in line with your affordability budget range.
Why did you purchase this scope? Because of the user experiences, right? If you have a generous budget, a scope’s performance is definitely the most significant factors decide whether you buy it or not.
Besides primary attributes which make up a quality scope, you should also evaluate others enhanced features that may support your decision
Among a variety of reticles shapes designed for ACOGs, you should find you the one that suits you most regardless using purposes.
Trijicon provides five standard types of reticles that are chevron, illuminated, donut, horseshoe/dot, and crosshair. Each type will fit certain user groups.
These reticles enable you to a more precise shooting. A primary type of reticle usually contains two thin which are vertical and horizontal lines that converge in the center of the optical field. These reticles provide you with high stability. However, if your target is moving a lot, crosshair reticles may not be the most appropriate one.
With a “horseshoe” surrounds a small dot in the center, this reticle works best on the lower power ACOGs and also fits for the Bindon Aiming Concept for close range work.
Like a donut, this glass reticle has circle shape that allows some people to correct vision. However, the mileage may vary among donut reticle users.
This unique reticle pattern is an "upside down V". Since chervin reticle is most appropriate with high-speed shooting at mostly size target, it works better with close up shots using the BAC. One drawback is chevron varies in size with lighting.
There is some different types of this reticle such as the whole crosshair illuminated, centered-illuminated and illuminated circle, etc. The most outstanding feature of these reticles is ability to work in low light condition, the case that thin reticle is invisible on the dark background.
Another important factor in choosing the right ACOG for your rifle are how immensely distinct they are in eye relief. To solve this problem, you have answered the question of whether you take long eye relief or a nose-to-charging handle head position.
Eye relief affects a set of factors such as peripheral vision, head position forgiveness, a typical field of view, relaxed states, etc. which are all about satisfaction.
You will like a scope offers you generous eye relief, larger exit pupil, and wider head position-moving scale.
When you put the scope a little further away from your face, the peripheral vision is sharper and clearer. You now can easily get your eye in the correct position to acquire the target.
You can't shot with the condition in which you always concern about source of energy of an illuminated reticle. To ease this case, many reflex and holographic sights have an internal battery, which may be 3V or AAA batteries.
However, Trijicon offers you a more powerful adapter using the power of tritium that expands the battery lifetime five times greater. Tritium in ACOG can be utilized both at daylight and at night.
The tritium levels in each ACOG are considerably small that it makes no harmful to your health.
Each ACOG has a distinct technological strength such as fiber optic/optic system, advanced reticles, high magnifications, multi-coated lenses for clearer vision, etc.
Knowing your using purposes well before purchasing one is an essential requirement.
For example, Trijicon TA31-ECOS ACOG 4×32 Flat Dark Earth Scope equipped with multi-coated lenses will offer you clear and distortion-free vision for a more accurate shot while Vortex Optics SPR-1303 Spitfire 3x Prism with the Reticle etched directly on the prism integrates a set ultra-compact features.
Finding the best ACOG for your rifle has never been an easy task. However, it will be much easier if you know your evaluation criteria to filter each ACOG in comparison with your pocket.
Be a wiser buyer by equipping yourself with knowledge before making a purchase decision.